Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ireland's best (Polish) DJ.........

Saw this guy at last year's Life Festival in Galway and he played one of the best sets of the weekend (one of my favourite sets of the whole year, to be honest). In fact he was so good that, after standing in the tent where he was playing for a while, we were convinced that it was Matt Black, From Coldcut, who Matjazz was warming up for, so good was his selection and mixing. Anyway, you can take a listen now and judge for yourselves - enjoy...............




















Taken from;

http://www.chopshop.fm/category/podcasts/

Polish export Matjazz has sent me one hell of a mix for his Chop Shop debut, dude has been doing his thing up in Dublin for some time now and gotten himself quite a following. For those of you outside of the capital who might not of heard of him yet have a little read of this; “I was born in highly industrialised Silesia, in south of Poland. Surrounded by communist block of flats, I was quickly exposed to the old school hip-hop movement. Although, I tried to spray some graffiti pieces, however, I realised that music is the medium in which I want to express myself. At the end of the 90’s together with couple of friends, we started djing in Jazz Club Fantom. Apart from hip-hop, we mixed releases from Ninja Tune and MoWax. Also, a huge influence had Polish Jazz on me, especially, that most of the artists come from my area, for example Big Band Katowice. The main problem during those times was the availability of vinyls on the Polish market. That’s why I often travelled to Holland to work there over a summer and to spend all my saved money just to expand my collection and bring some fresh sounds to the Silesian scene. In 2002, Jazz Club Hipnoza was opened in Katowice, and with it the possibility to support many Polish as well as international artists, like The Herbaliser, Dj Food & DK, Dj Vadim, Skalpel, to name just a few. However, the stepping stone was when I moved to Dublin in 2004. Straight on, together with Dj Stu, we set up Breakology and have started to organise gigs in Dublin. Later on I started to co-operate with Dj Lex Woo and Mc Little Tree, spinning more tropical and afrobeat sounds. Together with Dj Jazzbin and Dj Handsome Paddy we set up nights called Go 4 It, where we mix on 4 decks. The huge mixture of people that I met in Ireland, their cultures, and music that they play has got a massive influence on which music I mix. I am open to a massive variety of music sounds and try to show it in my sets. This mix is just a fraction of what I play, so check the website for forthcoming productions. And now enjoy it “


Intro
Mighty Bop – Feeling Good (Yellow)
DJ Day – A Place to Go (MPM)
Beats & Breaks
Le Scratch Funk – From Scratch (MPM)
DJ Urbs – Alive (Hong Kong Recordings)
DJ Tonk feat. Procussions – All Night (Milk Dipper)
Erykah Badu – Cleva – CP’s smarter samba mix (Bstrd Boots)
Flow Dynamics – Bossa for Bebo (Freestyle)
Ozomatli – Saturday Night – acapella (Up Above Records)
Mr Tour Eiffel vs Wu Tang Clan – Le Hipe Hope (Tour Eiffel Records)
Jurassic 5 – Swing Set (Interscope Records)
Little Kids Music – The Influence (LKM)
Minimatic feat. Peaches – Shake Your T… (Tour Eiffel Records)
Lack of Afro feat. Steve Marriott – Touch My Soul (Freestyle)
The Bodybeard Brothers – Original Love Injection – Boca 45 mix (Leisure Recordings)
Lack of Afro – The Outsider (Freestyle)
Urbs & Cutex – In the Morningtime (Hong Kong Recordings)
Pablo – Roll Call (Guidance Recordings)
Beatconductor – Marrakech (Spicy)
The Big Bossa – It’s all You (Victor Records)
The Quantic Soul Orchestra – Feeling Good (Tru Thoughts Recordings)


http://www.myspace.com/jamminnight




No comments:

Post a Comment